Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grandma

My dear sweet Grandma passed away early this morning, on her 83rd birthday. I’m sure she is having a birthday celebration on the other side like no other! She has been through a lot in the past couple of weeks…she was courageous and strong until the end.

As I’m trying to process her death, I can’t help but feel so much love and gratitude for the special relationship that her and I had. She is one of my closest friends and no matter what, she was always there for me when I needed her. I learned many life lessons from her great example. I’m going to miss her more than words can express...

Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful and kind women I've ever known,
you will continue to inspire me...
I love you Grandma
your friend,
k







8 comments:

Lindsey said...

That was really sweet and it really made me cry. I will sure miss her, especially her funny comments. I think she died on her birthday so she could have a big dance party (since she couldn't dance anymore here).

Rebecca said...

Kris,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how much she meant to you. Your tribute was beautiful. I'm sure she is having the best birthday ever on the other side! My thoughts and all my love go out to you today! Hang in there, and know that we love you!

Jess,Von, and Samantha Higgs said...

I will miss her too! I will miss her grandma-isms and her feisty personality! Thanks for the pictures! Love you!

Em said...

Sorry, Kris. That's neat that you had such a close relationship. I'm sure she had a wonderful birthday reuniting with friends and family:)

alisha said...

aww, so sorry for your loss! i can tell she was an amazing lady! so glad you had such a fullfilling relationship with her and you could share that with your kids:) thinking of you!

Janeece said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Gunderson's said...

Kris,
Your tribute to your grandma was just beautiful.. Brought tears to my eyes.. I admire the relationship you and her shared. How special, and how amazing you have so many wonderful memories of her.. :)Loves...

girlygirl said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma Kris! I understand the amazing impact a grandma can have! I'll be thinking of you!