Wednesday, July 14, 2010

thirty five

Today I turned 35. I remember being little and looking forward to getting older, especially turning 16 so I could drive. Now, I can't believe how fast time goes by. To celebrate my birthday, I did something I've never done before. Dad and I went to the stake center and donated blood to the Red Cross. I look forward to doing it again. I have to say going anywhere with Dad is always an adventure. He asked the sweet little Mormon lady handing out the cookies and juice if she had any vodka...we can't take him anywhere ;)
Looking forward to more fun things and I'm soaking up this awesome weather like you wouldn't believe!

6 comments:

Gunderson's said...

That made me laugh.. Totally funny... Love you hope you had a GREAT day!!! Can't wait to see you and your darling kiddos.. :)

The Mom said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Tell your dad he'd fit right in here in Malad. We have members who use swear words when they bare their testimonies and share their latest bar experiences! Good Times!

Tara L. said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kris!

girlygirl said...

Happy Birthday K! I hope it was a great one! I would love to take you to lunch or a scrapbooking store when I see you next Saturday! By the way, when will I see you? :)

Melissa said...

LOL!!! Your Dad is a keeper for sure-wish I could have seen the little old lady's reaction. Glad you had a good birthday!!

Karin Stephens said...

Your dad cracks me up!