Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas and traditions

One of our Christmas traditions is that we buy a Christmas book each year. I have the kids write their names and the year in the book. We enjoy reading these books throughout the month and I've also shared many of them for lessons at church during December.

The kids and I chose this one at Deseret Book:




This book is beautiful and it has little quotes and stories that go along with different themes. I found this quote from Linda and Richard Eyre in this book that I wanted to share with you.


"Traditions offer opportunites to create memories, share love, and build strong bonds between family members. They will not only help your family life be more peaceful and rewarding, they will also give your children memories they can draw on no matter where they go or who they grow up to be."

Hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season and creating lots of traditions with your families!

2 comments:

Em said...

That's a great idea to have them write their names in the book. We'll have to start doing that. I love traditions, thanks for the quote. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Kris...what a great tradition. I love it.

Merry Christmas!