Thursday, January 17, 2008

thursday morning

i love thursday mornings. I have a routine: go to the gym, get the kids to school and then come home and watch Project Runway.






What is it about this show? I have to say one of my favorite parts is when they go to "Mood" to get fabrics.(Going shopping for fabric makes my heart happy) I've never been to New York but someday when I go, "Mood" will be the first place I want to go.






So Kit gets the boot, sad to see her go. I know the judges hated her dress but I liked it. That fabric is adorable. I love the trim but the thing about satin, it's very unforgiving. If it's not sewn well, it shows.








Chris and Christian did an awesome job. This dress is 45 yards

of fabric! Very original and they worked great together.










I also liked Sweet Ps little dress.










I'm pulling for Jillian, she did great this week too.



















Wes, Ricci, Hunter and Gavin came down last weekend for a visit. I love having people come to visit, I miss having family around. We had fun and I ate way too much. They couldn't get enough of the sunshine. Yes, the summers here are pure hell but the winters are beautiful.

My dad had surgery Monday on his right shoulder...again. He had the surgery last spring and it was just healing up. He was working about a month ago and heard a 'pop'. He's home recovering and doing well. Mom is taking care of Dad and "holding down the fort" as she says. She's a trooper


2 comments:

Bitter Larry said...

We need to more closer to you guys so Karin can pop over and watch this with you. Not that I don't enjoy it & all...

Karin Stephens said...

I loved Project Runway last week. I just love this show. It's awesome.