Sunday, March 7, 2010

36:21

It's not that I've hated running, it's just not something that really interested me. One of my short term goals for this year was to run a 5k. Aaron, Braden, John (Aaron's brother) and I ran a 5k this Saturday in Chandler.
John did awesome and so did Braden! He took 3rd place in his age group (ages 10-14) with a 25:45. Aaron was such a great support to me, I couldn't have done it without him.
My goal was to run 12 minute miles and I ran 11:44/min miles. It's not earth-shattering time, I know that. But dang it, I earned every second of that 36:21 :)

6 comments:

alisha said...

that is awesome! you should all be so proud:) wish i could of joined you!

Melissa said...

Way to go Kris!!! You can be proud of every second. Running is tough, but it's a also a great way to bond with family members and have fun. Nate says good job too!

Gunderson's said...

You are awesome.. Way to go! :)

ME said...

Good job!! I hope to start running again soon. I'm glad it went so well for you!!

girlygirl said...

Good job Kris! Way to go!

Karin Stephens said...

Good job Kris! I really wish I loved running.

Karin