Monday, March 1, 2010

little notes

Hallmark stores exist because of people like me. I'm a sucker for cute little quote books, funny cards and collectable ornaments. I think I mentioned in a post about working at the Hallmark store my aunt Dolly managed when I was younger. I helped wrap gifts, dust collectables, restock cards and of course, dress up as the Crayola Bunny at Easter because I'm the only one who would do it.
There's a Hallmark store on Baseline and Stapley that's one of my favorites. They have a contract US Post Office inside. (much more fun and colorful than your usual post office) The women that work there are great, they know me and Heston...I swear I usually go in to just mail packages. ;)

I went there today to "mail a package". and I came across these gems:

I occasionally put little notes inside the kids' lunches. Each time I've done it, my kids have loved it. Like most moms, some mornings are just crazy and I'm lucky to get a sandwich made. I'm reminded how fast my kids are growing up and I can never tell them that I love and appreciate them enough. Any little thing I can do to make their day a little better, I'll do it :)

So there you go...awesome finds at the Hallmark store. I'm excited to see what the kids say...

1 comment:

Gunderson's said...

I love Hallmark.. We used to have one so close, but it closed.. :( I hate going clear to the mall to go there.. :) Loved going to the Chalet, good memories!! :) Thanks for the sharing the cute books.. What a great idea.. :)