Friday, April 23, 2010

12,394th place...I'll take it!

Last Saturday, Aaron and I participated in Pat's Run. It's an annual run to support the Pat Tillman Foundation. It was crazy! There were something like 28,000 people, way too crowded. I signed up for this run to keep me motivated. Aaron could have ran laps around me but he was supportive and stayed with me all the way. It was 4.2 miles and I did it in 48:11. I'm pretty slow but I tried not to get wrapped up in the time. There will always be people that are faster and people that are slower. If you would have told me a couple of months ago I could run 4 miles without stopping I would have thought you were up in the night. I did it, that's all that matters to me.

My parents were here for a visit last week. It's always great to have them visit and the kids love it because they get spoiled with attention. I'm the worn-out mom trying to keep it together. I need a vacation so bad!
I don't know if I'm ready for May. May and December are the craziest months of the year for us, is that true for anyone else?!

2 comments:

Gunderson's said...

Way to go, so proud of you!!! You can come here for vacation any time you want!! Can't wait to see you! Miss ya!

alisha said...

congratulations! this is definitely something to be proud of! great job!