Wednesday, August 1, 2012

2012 Summer vacation part 3 NYC!


So after saying goodbye to our kids (I was so anxious about leaving the kids for 10 days. That's a long time! However, I knew they were in good hands) we flew to 
New York City!!
Day 1: a view from the taxi
 Greenpoint Brooklyn. This is Heidi and Steve's neighborhood
 Aaron and Heidi
 from a pier in Brooklyn just a few blocks from their place
 This is one of the 9-11 towers
 Steve is the best guide. He was born and raised in Brooklyn and he knows where everything is. And he is one of the nicest guys around :) We enjoyed the city but I have to say that hanging out with Steve and Heidi was one of my favorite things about our trip
 walking...we walked a lot
 Times Square

 more Times Square...
 or as a I like to call it "Vegas on steroids" :) It was cool to experience but it wasn't my favorite part of NYC...

 Aaron scored us tickets to the David Letterman Show. We were in the 2nd row right in front of the band. I was sitting in the aisle where Letterman usually walks into the audience. But he didn't walk down :( They were awesome seats and it was a really fun experience. Ray Romano was the guest that night, he was hilarious :)

 While we were waiting for the show, we split a cupcake :) We walked so much I had no guilt about the delicious food that we ate ;)

 Since we were close to Broadway, we decided to take in a show. We saw Peter and the Star Catcher. It was a prequel story about Peter Pan.

 Heidi and Steve's street. We would get some food and drinks from this little store on the corner. Have I mentioned how much I loved Brooklyn?! I love Brooklyn :)
Day 2:
Bryant Park!! Home of NY Fashion Week! (you know how much I love Project Runway :)

 
 Empire State Building




 a visit to the Met



 The place was so massive! Beautiful works of art around every corner...
 When I reached the Edgar Degas area I actually teared up :)



 Van Gogh is another favorite. Who doesn't love Van Gogh?! :)

 Central Park


 FAO Schwarz
 Happy Birthday Aaron! 
H&S surprised us with donuts from 
(Tina Fey loves them too:)
and they were oh so delicious...
YUM!!

to be continued...

No comments: