Sunday, October 14, 2012

being nice to yourself


 I like to think of myself as a fairly optimistic person. It's the way I was raised and staying positive is something I try to practice everyday. Some days I fail and some days I do okay. In the not so distant past, I could be happy and joyful for others but I couldn't muster any nice and loving thoughts about myself. It's sad but true. It was becoming a real problem in my life. I've struggled with anxiety for years and then it got progressively worse. In the name of motivation, I would mentally beat myself up. Ummm...yeah, that does not work. At all. I took a new approach and decided that I needed to not only be supporting and loving for others, I needed to be positive and loving to myself. As simple as that is, it was hard to change my thinking. I still struggle, but it's better.
So there you go...nothing like spilling your guts on the internet :)
 



No comments: