Thursday, November 29, 2007

DWTS final and my other fave TV show

So Julianne and Helio are the winners on DWTS. The fact that Helio had never danced before and was able to dance the way he did, he deserved to win. I was sad that Marie didn't win but she dug her own grave with that doll number.
Just as DWTS is ending another one of my faves is starting again...

Project Runway!!!!
This week the challenge was to make menswear for Tiki Barber (former runningback for the NY Giants). I enjoy sewing. I took sewing classes all through school and I loved it. As I was watching this episode, I was thinking back to my junior year of high school. I was taking Clothing III and we had to make a tailored piece of clothing out of wool. I made a double-breasted, fully-lined wool coat. It was the most difficult thing I've ever made.

Watching those designers gave me an anxiety attack. I at least had a pattern! They had to design it, construct a pattern and sew it all in 2 days time?! Not to mention the detail work! The zippers, buttonholes, darts, pleats...the list goes on. And most of them made 3 pieces...

Anyway, love this show. Tim Gunn is the best.

5 comments:

Gunderson's said...

What was with the doll dance anyway? Odd one at that. I was rooting for Sabrina but since she got the boot, I am glad Helio won. As for sewing I am sure there is nothing you couldn't tackle. I have seen your work. Krafty Kriston thats you. You inspire me to get more crafty. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch DWTS this season. But I LOVE me some PR. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was me on the last comment...sorry.

Anonymous said...

K-
You know I am coming there to see you, question is not if but when. Silly girl. I would move in next door if it were possible. :)
A

Casey said...

Love, love, love Project Runway too. Not just for the amazing creativity, but it is just so good in every way. Do you love Top Chef too? Can't get enough of Bravo reality.