Monday, May 24, 2010

organizing school memories

For some reason, documenting school stuff is so overwhelming to me! So many pictures and so many papers, I just didn't know where to start. Since the last day of school is approaching, I just wanted to share what I've been working on here and there to make documenting the school years a little less stressful...for me anyway.
These are years K-2nd for Braden. I wanted to keep it simple so there is a 2 page layout for each year. This is a template from Designer Digitals. I just clipped the pictures in, did a little journaling and called it a day. Now that I'm looking at them altogether, I may go back in and change the colors of the 'school memories' to add a little variation. (that's the awesome thing about digital, you can always go back and change it)
I will be using this template set by Cathy Zielski when B starts junior high and for P&H.
We keep 1 folder of art and papers for each kid per year. I'm sentimental so for me that's pretty good. For the bigger art pieces, I take pictures of the artwork or of the kids holding the artwork.
Just passing along some ideas!
Kids grow up way too fast...

2 comments:

girlygirl said...

These are so cute--and simple, which I adore. Some day, I will get back to scrapbooking and I love all of your great ideas. I especially love how you do it digitally. I think that is the way to go! Hope you are well!

girlygirl said...

These are so cute--and simple, which I adore. Some day, I will get back to scrapbooking and I love all of your great ideas. I especially love how you do it digitally. I think that is the way to go! Hope you are well!