Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Grand Canyon 2.0



We didn't get enough of this place 5 weeks ago so we decided to go back! This trip back to the canyon was about some "unfinished business". While we hiked rim to rim 5 weeks ago, Aaron was going to hike from the north rim to the south rim back to the north. (42 miles of insanity that I in no way, shape or form want to experience) He didn't get enough sleep last time and didn't finish. My sister-in-law Ricci called him 2 days after our hike and said, "Let's go back next month and do rim to rim to rim!"
I dropped them off on the south side at 4 am and they made it back out at 9 pm. 17 hours! Just plain awesome!
While they were hiking, the kids and I did the tourist stuff
 



we saw lots of elk...

Can you see that patch of green trees? That's Phantom Ranch at the bottom
An nyoung ha seh yo to my Korean peeps! I swear half of South Korea was there on Saturday and my translater was down in the canyon... 
us minus Braden...
What happened to the days when you let me take your picture without the attitude?!

Hes and his coyote Randall (named after Randall from Monsters Inc...kids are funny!)
Paigey
P&H did the Jr. Ranger program that day. They are getting sworn in...
The wingspan of a California Condor
Heston took a little nap during the movie
Official Jr. Rangers!
all 3 kids!!

We were walking out of our hotel and I'm telling Heston to keep walking and he says, "Um no Mom". I look up and this elk is standing right in front of us!

No comments: