Thursday, July 3, 2008

Greetings from Vernal ,Utah

We're having a nice little visit here in Utah. I hope to post some pictures soon.

We had an interesting day on Tuesday. Dad and Braden were driving around the neighborhood and they noticed a cat that was laying on the side of the road. The cat was black and white and it looked just like my parents cat named Bzzy. Dad came back home and he and I looked everywhere for Bzzy and couldn't find him. So Dad went back to see if the cat was Bzzy and he brought it back home. He came in and said that Bzzy had been run over. Bzzy is my Mom's favorite cat. He's been in the family for 14 years. Wes found him when he was a kitten and he survived lukemia. We knew Mom was going to take the news pretty hard.
She came home and he told her, she was devestated. Dad and Braden buried the cat and made a headstone.
Later that night while Mom and Dad were out in the garden, guess who walked out of the garage?
Bzzy.
My dad buried the wrong cat! We all went from being sad to being so relieved and happy. It was crazy! Aaron was on the phone with Braden when Bzzy came out of the garage. Braden told him, "Bzzy is back from the dead!"
Happy ending to the story.

I hope to post some pictures soon...coming here is like going to a different country. My Vernal accent is starting to creep back...dang it!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ha! That is the funniest story! Logan and I had a good chuckle just now. Glad to hear that Bzzy is alive and well! Sounds like you guys are having a blast in Vernal! Wish we could have come too!

alisha said...

That is way too funny! I can't wait to see some your pictures!

Gunderson's said...

That is so funny, I am still laughing, glad to hear Bzzy is ok... Can't wait to see you guys.... :)

Karin Stephens said...

That cracks me up! See cats DO have 9 lives.

Rebecca said...

Great story! Glad to hear Bzzy is alive and kickin'! Can't wait to hear the Vernal accent on the 24th!! See you then!

lori southam said...

Kriston, I love your blog! I found you by typing in Utah Moms in Vernal Utah. My husband is from Naples. I'm going to go for a visit with his family in Sept. I'm looking for some friends to do a lia sophia show. Do you know of anyone who might be interested? Lori
Southam@juno.com