Saturday, July 12, 2008

My rental car






When I come to Vernal for my visits, I usually just drive my parent's car. Mom got a new car and she's been driving a borrowed one so I needed something to drive. Grandma came to the rescue and is letting me borrow her car. (Thanks Grandma!) It's a 1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Get this...30 year old car and it has 28,000 miles on it. (Needless to say, Grandma doesn't drive much)


Driving around in this car makes you appreciate modern conveniences like FM radio, adjustable seats and over-the-shoulder seat belts. It does have AC but it's not working. I had to laugh when the kids asked me, "What's that knob on the door?" to which I replied "That's how you roll down the window."










4 comments:

Gunderson's said...

That is a sweet ride... :) We used to have a car just like that.. Hope you guys are feeling better...

alisha said...

Oh my goodness, you guys are too funny! Love the car, hope you're getting lots of other funny pictures with that car! Can you get a car seat in it???
Love love the small town!
-alisha

Janeece said...

That is too awesome.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (Maybe you're grandma will let you keep her car for your birthday present!)

Rebecca said...

This is too funny! I'm sure you are so glad to be back in your own set of wheels by now! Great to see you on the 24th! I'll bug Paul about a trip down to visit you guys!