Saturday, January 10, 2009

digital scrapbooking

You are all too good to me! :) Thank you for the compliments.
I wish there was a way I could sit down at the computer with you (like Karin did with me, thanks again! You helped me so much) and go over just a few things step by step. I’ll do my best to share some things with you to get you started and share with you what works for me. You can always call me, too. I'll talk your ear off!

There’s so much to learn with digital scrapbooking and the possibilities are endless. It's easy to become overwhelmed, just take it one step at a time. Once you get a few of the basics down, you’ll be good to go.

The program I use is Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. You can do all kinds of stuff with this program. I’m still trying to find my way around but that’s the one I use.
There are some good tutorials on digital scrapbooking out there. The ones that have helped me the most have been by Sande Krieger on 2Peas in a bucket. She starts with the basics and then teaches different techniques from there. Here’s a link to Lesson 1: Getting started

I have all of my favorite digital scrapbooking sites bookmarked to the right. Almost all of these sites have sales on certain days and quarterly sales that offer 30-40% off. The great thing about digital is once you buy something, you can use it as many times as you want. If you need to get pages done quickly, templates are awesome! This is one of the first templates that I bought. I got it on sale for around $1.50 and I’ve used it several times. I didn’t change the template at all, I just put the pictures in and called it a day. This template is by Katie P. at Designer Digitals.I hope this is somewhat helpful. I’m no expert but it’s fun to find a new way to scrapbook and to preserve memories. I love the no mess factor and also the fact that you don’t have find places to store your stuff. It’s all there on the computer and if you have a laptop, you can do it anywhere! And the glorious Undo button…it's life changing I tell ya!
Let me know how it works out!

5 comments:

LostinPlaceKim said...

Oh, Kris! Thanks so much for sharing this! It is so overwhelming with everything that's out there so it's nice to have a little direction!

Tara L. said...

Thanks so much! I may have to call you!

Anonymous said...

You're the best! Thanks for sharing. My friend Angella is sitting down with me and trying to teach me.....but there is so so so much to learn. I showed her your blog and all the sites that you go to, she goes to a lot of the same. I hope I can catch on soon!! Thanks again.

Gunderson's said...

You are a pro.. Glad to have you around to talk me through the hard stuff.. Thanks.. :)

Jolynn and Zak McCormick said...

I just saw your Dad and sister in law in the Vernal Express-pretty cool!!