Thursday, January 22, 2009

Elvis' birthday bash



My grandma and Uncle TR were in the Vernal Express a few weeks ago. The care center celebrated Elvis' birthday with dancing, music and peanut butter and banana sandwiches (I guess they were Elvis' favorite). There are 2 things Grandma lives for: dancing and music. I know she had a blast, even in her wheelchair.
She's been through so much since August. I was really worried about her being at the care center and not at her house. When I saw her over Thanksgiving, I felt so much better. The staff there are taking such good care of her. I can honestly say she has always been one of my closest friends. I spent my entire childhood following her around and watching baseball games together.
This picture was taken on my 5th birthday. It's not the best quality (it's a scanned Polaroid) but it's priceless to me. Ma, Grandma, Mom and me. Grandma has always had this killer blonde afro. Back in my dancing days when I would perform, I could always see her out in the audience :)

5 comments:

Gunderson's said...

Kris I love it, how awesome is it for you to have a picture this priceless. I must say I do see a little Paigey in you.. ;)I just love how close you are to your Grandma, its so neat...

Lindsey said...

My mom looks so much like grandma in that picture. I thought it was her for a second there. Mom, Jess and Melissa are going to Vernal this weekend to have a b-day party for grandma and I'm really sad I don't get to be there. I'm glad she's doing alright and that she has family close.

Melissa said...

The first pic makes me want to cry....the blonde afro pic brought my smile back. Wish you could come with us to Vernal this weekend. I will give Grandma a hug for you!

alisha said...

wow! your family sure can do hair! i can't believe how much you and your mom look alike. i can really see it in that picture...minus the hair he he he!

The Mom said...

Hello Kris! I just barely came across your blog. What a cute site!!! I absolutely love all the pics of all the kids. I am just getting started myself. All my friends talked me into doing this. I think I can gain a lot of good ideas from your info. Just how creative are you? Your so modest in your sharing!!! Tell all the kids hello for us. Whitney sure wishes she could see her "Paigee" Hope you can visit my blog so I can add you on my list!
Heather