Sunday, August 21, 2011

back to school

We've made it through a week and a half of school so far. It's been quite an adjustment this year...we're still trying to find our groove. I really hope we find it soon, for my sanity's sake. I don't know what I would do without Diet Coke...it's sad but true :) I'm also extremely grateful that I married a math nerd. (Math or engineering nerd is a term of endearment in our house) Aaron and I work together helping the kids with homework and I'm so grateful to him!

This is the annual first day of school picture. I've been playing around with shadows lately, trying to add more depth to my pages. I just scrapbook when I can. 10 minutes here and there...
I'm reading "Little Women" right now. Why haven't I read this book before?! I love it so far :)
I'm enjoying my job as a playground aide at the school. I will like it even more when Satan goes back to hell and takes the heat with him :)



4 comments:

Em said...

Awesome satan comment! Maybe he could tap dance back to hell?!?! I recently read Little Women too, and there are so many good messages and I just love the story!

kris said...

Oh you know ol' "Satan" could break out some Bob Fosse on his way back down! Ha!

Don't you just love how sweet and loving Mrs. March is in "Little Women"? I need to be more like her...

Em said...

I love this quote from Mrs. March to Jo when she is frusterated with being a wife and mom: "You are the sunshine maker of the family".

I loved the book so much that I saved all my favorite quotes from it, and there were a lot!

alisha hammond said...

oh you are a saint to endure the arizona heat on a playground!!! aren't you glad you aren't an afternoon aid, lol! love love little women,my mom read it to me when i was kid....