Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011 part 2

After our family reunion in Bear Lake, we drove out (and when I say out, I mean out. This town is out in the middle of nowhere) to my hometown to spend time with family and friends. The day after we got there, we went to the annual car show. Restoring old cars is a hobby my dad has done for years. (My Grandpa also restored old cars. He liked the old school Model T Fords) My parents and their friends had a car club in the 80s and we would travel around together to car shows on the weekends. I haven't been to one in years so it was fun and nostalgic.

Mom and her car...'70 Chevelle SS

Gaga, Papa and the kids
my brother Wes and Brandt by their car
Hes
Since we're talking about cars, this is me and my parents at a car show in 1983. This was the first car Dad restored...a 1937 Plymouth Coupe. My parents were kids!!


After the car show, the kids and I were out on the front lawn enjoying the sunshine. I heard Dad coming down the road and I just knew he was going to do this...
My mom is standing behind me saying, "He's going to ruin my tires!" She would never drive her car like this :)

And then the neighbors came out to see what was going on...

We took the kids to the Big Kahuna waterslide. We came here a lot in the summer when I was younger.

Braden striking a pose



Heston is really into dinosaurs right now and so of course we had visit the museum. They are rebuilding the Quarry so it was closed this time.
Another favorite thing he likes to do is ride on Papa's tractor.
My cousin Gabe and his wife Aubrey have a farm just south of town. We stopped by to visit and see the new baby colt. I have admiration for people who have their own farms...the work that goes into taking care of everything, I can't even imagine...

A visit to Utah wouldn't be complete without watching a parade.
This was the 24th of July parade...my pioneer heritage is something I hold near and dear to my heart :)
We broke out the slip and slides, turned on the well water and let the kids have fun. Brandt wouldn't let go of his blanket...

and then he was trying to drink the water. Isn't he cute?!
Braden and Gavin

My kids were freezing...can you believe that?!

The kids snuggling on the couch. I forgot to mention that my sis-in-law Ricci and I knocked out a couple quilts while I was there as well. It was so much fun! Thanks Ricci!

to be continued...







2 comments:

Idaho State University said...

I didn't know the yellow waterslide was open again! I guess I will have to visit Vernal just so I can go there. Looks like you had fun! Wish we could have come to visit too.

Idaho State University said...

Oops...logged in under Logan. This is Lindsey