Tuesday, September 6, 2011

a maid and/or nerd

3 weeks ago, I went back to work. It's just a few hours a day however it has been an adjustment. The schedule is perfect for me and I still have time to get things done at home. The kids at the school are so adorable! I've been learning lots of names, going through a lot of Band-Aids and drinking lots of water so I don't get heat exhaustion (I will be so grateful when it cools down)

I'm an aide. Sometimes they call us Maids. I guess last year a kid used to call us Nerds (a cross between nurse and aide) A few of them actually know my name. I didn't think my last name was that hard to remember but they call me every other last name that begins with H other than the right one ;)

Some other perks of the job include:
-one of the 1st graders thinking I'm 30.
-having one 1st grader show me his/her loose tooth then 30 others joining in...while they're eating lunch...mouths full of food
-getting really good at opening milk cartons
- getting lots of hugs...that's the best part of the job :)
-my little entourage that follows me around on the playground in the morning before school, it's so adorable!
- jumping rope with them. One day the kids asked me if I could jump rope. I said Yes and just started jumping. You would have thought I had magical powers or something, it was so funny! (Gotta be careful when I jump the rope...you know...those muscles that hold the pee aren't what they used to be ;)







3 comments:

Gunderson's said...

You totally just made me laugh out loud at midnight.... Love your posts.. :) Glad you job is so great, sounds so fun.. I am sure the kiddos just adore you... :)

Idaho State University said...

We used to call the "duty aids" or "duty" for short. I think that is a perfect job to have while your kids are in school. You are probably the coolest one ever!

Idaho State University said...

This is Lindsey :)