Sunday, November 23, 2008

stubborn..uh, I mean strong-willed...

You can ask any of my in-laws and they will tell you that the Hammond kids (all 8 of them) are very strong-willed individuals.
Heston is truly a Hammond in this respect. He has started talking a lot more in the last few months. However, he has refused to say his own name. We have tried to get him to say Heston, but then the strong-willed Hammond gene kicks in and he gives us this look like, ‘You ain’t gettin’ nothin’!’
Today, at 2 years and 3 months old, he finally broke down and said his name for the first time.

Today, I have hope for my stubborn, uh I mean, strong-willed Hammond child.


2 comments:

Gunderson's said...

Gotta love those strong willed kids, life would be so boring without them... :) Remember I have one too...

Rebecca said...

Wow. I don't have any Hammond children like that....they are all perfect! Just kidding! I totally feel your pain! Good thing the Hammonds also produce such adorable children or they might not make it to the 2 year 3 month point!