Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm convinced...

that boys are harder to potty train than girls!(It really does depend on the kid but in my experience, Paige was not bad) I'm in the middle of my 3rd go-around with this potty training garbage and I'm so ready to be done! I've been watching my friend's 2 1/2 year old daughter today and she's been newly PT, she's doing great. I was hoping her example would motivate Heston but he walks in and sees her on the potty and tells me, "Neat" and walks away. I've even bought some more toy cars (he LOVES them) but that's not doing the trick. Bottom line? He's not ready. I need to be a little more patient. I will continue talking about it and continue bribing and he'll eventually come around...
We're going to California next weekend for my nephew Ian's baptism. Alisha asked me to give a talk at the baptism, I'm so honored that they asked me!:) It'll be fun!

6 comments:

Tara L. said...

I hate potty training too. It is so frustrating, and this is my first time. My daughter turned 3 in December and has no interest or desire what so ever. I am ready to give up. Do you have any great advice for potty training girls. I have tried just about everything and nothing has worked. I feel your pain.

The Mom said...

Potty training is absolutely a personality and gender thing. For one of mine a chart with weekly rewards worked great. With my other, they wouldn't have it and it had to be their idea. I dread training Aubree. She's VERY strongwilled! I wonder who will win. Good luck at Ian's Baptism. I wish we could be there!

alisha said...

we are so happy to have you guys come out...we can't wait! so sorry for your pt troubles. the first three were a breeze, chase has serious issues, not the has and not had! good luck. just wait, right before those boys are three they do it overnight!

Rebecca said...

Speaking from experience potty training boys, it stinks! So sorry you are in the middle of it! You could always do what I did with Eric (though not intentionally, it worked out great!)...we went on a week vacation and sent him to Grandma Hammond's! I thought he would be done before we left, and he wasn't. But when we got home, he was all trained! 8 kids of her own and 30 years of day care makes her an expert! Send Heston back to Utah with Grandma next week. Pick him up a week later, and I guarantee your problems will be solved! =)By the way, Eric keeps talking about his cousin Heston who is 2. It's so cute! Time to get together again! Wish we were joining you all next week! I tried to talk Paul into a road trip, but no luck! Give everyone hugs for us!

Keri said...

That is a beautiful picture!!! Oh, I dont know if this would help, I bought a cheap gumball machine from the dollar store, and dollar store gumballs, filled it up, and everytime Logenn would pee and wash her hands, she got a gumball. they are so small, and really werent a big mess like most gum can be. It workd so well!!

Keri said...

The one thing I found out is that it has to be extra special, like something they think is the coolest ever, my oldest shot me with a squirt gun while sitting on the potty (but he could only have the gun when he was on the potty), and he loved having undies like daddy. (Bought white boxer briefs)...anyways...good luck!!!