Monday, March 2, 2009

We had some success!!

After I posted my frustrations on that last post, we kept going with the potty training. I couldn't get Heston to sit on the potty to save my life. Aaron stepped in and 2 minutes later, Heston was sitting on the potty. (I should have had him helping me earlier!) Later that night, he peed in the potty! We kept up the routine on Saturday and he peed again. Yesterday we didn't have any success going on the potty but I have hope. Rebecca reminded me of our mom-in-law Martha. She potty trained 8 kids and ran a day care for 30 years so I need to stop complaining and keep going. Every kid is different and what worked for one kid may not work for the other. Wish me luck...it's going to be a long week! :)

4 comments:

Gunderson's said...

That's awesome.. I am so looking forward to no more diapers. You'll have to give me some tips.. :) Good luck!

girlygirl said...

Don't feel too bad. I am still potty-training Calvin and he's 3 years, 2 months. I decided early on that I didn't care about potty-training him at a certain age, so I just showed him the potty at about 2.5 and then waited for him to make the first move. Sure enough, at about 3 he started wanting to pee in the potty- he basically did it on his own. The only extra thing I did was have a potty candy jar (gumdrops)-that seems to keep him motivated. He's almost there now, but not 100%, so we still have him in pull-ups just in case. It has been zero stress for me because I just let it be up to him. Hope that helps!

The Mom said...

Yea! (Clap hands) Okay funny story, I was showing my kids the blogs. When Whitney heard me read yours to her, she said, " Now Heston is ready for college!" I am rolling on the floor!

bybeez said...

You've inspired me Kris! I started our almost 3 year old (two months away) today! I am loading him up with drinks and he sits on the potty every 15 minutes...just to get used to it. He is excited today, we'll see about tomorrow! And if he can get any action into the potty! I have been putting it off and putting it off, then I saw your blog and thought I could give it a try too! Thanks!