Thursday, November 11, 2010

a couple of simple crafts/gift ideas

Tonight, we're having a Relief Society meeting about low cost Christmas gift ideas. I thought I'd share these with you.
First little craft are tile coasters. You need:
-clear acrylic spray (I like the Matte finish)
-Mod Podge. (I always call it Modge Podge. I'm a redneck, I say everything wrong ;)
-foam brushes
-felt pads
-tiles. These were 14 cents at Home Depot
-Scrapbook paper scraps or photos
First, cut and measure your paper to fit the tiles. These tiles are 4.25 x 4.25" so I cut my paper to 4" squares.
Next, clean and dry your tiles. After they are dry, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the tile and place the paper on top. Make sure to smooth out all bubbles. Allow this to dry for about 15 minutes.

Take your tiles outside and apply 2 or 3 coats of acrylic spray. After they're dry just stick the felt pads on the bottom- one on each corner.

I used Zoe Pearn's Bloom and Grow kit
I used my digital stuff to create the papers for my tiles. I just made 4" squared documents in PS Elements, added pictures and elements then printed it out on photo project paper. (this paper makes your colors more vibrant than copy paper)
I used
Shabby Princess Clementine kit
Ali Edwards
brushes
Another idea is Family Home Evening in a jar. You can download a list of FHE lesson ideas, print and cut and put them in the jar. You've got lessons ready to go!
Here's the link to the printables






1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kris!! Have fun at the SYTYCD tour!! Also I love the coasters idea- thanks for sharing. Sooo cute!