Saturday, November 20, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance tour

Mom and I went to the SYTYCD tour on Wednesday and it was so awesome!!!

This was right before the show. When we sat down, we were so excited to be so close to the stage. The bummer is the stage is eye level and when people are sitting in front of you, it can be hard to see. It was fine though.


There were the top 7 dancers from season 7 (Lauren, Kent, Robert, Adechike, Billy, Jose and Ashley)
and 6 all-stars (Russell, Allison, Dominque, Courtney, Ade and Kathryn)
the baseball routine (was originally danced by Neil and Kent) was one of my favorites from this season. But I was very happy to see Ade dance with Kent (Ade and Twitch were my favorites from season 4)
The hotdog guy...I have no idea what that was all about. He just came out after they finished dancing.


Kathryn and Russell. Russell won season 6 and Kathryn was the runner-up. I really liked this hip hop dance.








This was the dance that Kent and Neil did this season called "How it Ends". Wasn't this dance so emotional? Robert danced it with Kent and I loved it!

The crowd LOVED Kent. They went nuts for him! I really liked Kent but Robert was my favorite guy this season.

Group Jazz number
Lauren and Ade doing the couch dance

I love this picture! Thank goodness I had my zoom lens...
Ade and Lauren got a lot of love! They are both from Phoenix
group Bollywood dance...it made so tired just watching it!
Robert and Dominque and the clown hip hop dance. Another favorite of mine, the crowd loved it.
Lauren and Adechike. The performed "Fallin" that was originally danced by Adechike and Comfort.
Kent after his solo. Again, the crowd went crazy for him. He was mom's favorite this season ;)

Jose, Dominque and Russell did a hip-hop/crunk routine that stole the show! This was our favorite dance of the whole night!

Jose
These guys are so good!
Ade and Billy's "Mad World" dance. I love watching Ade dance...he is so powerful yet really graceful.
Lauren. Lots of love for her, of course :)

Allison and Robert's "Fix You". I bawled my eyes out when I saw this dance the first time. Seeing them dance it live was breathtaking. They are all exceptional dancers. However, there are certain dancers that give you the audience every ounce of what they have. That connection...these two poured everything they had into this dance and you could just feel it!

The show in Phoenix was the last one for the tour and you could tell it was emotional for them. Robert was so gracious after every number. I enjoyed watching him the most because I felt he really connected to the audience. Allison was my favorite girl...that Utah girl can DANCE!
Kent and Lauren's Prom night dance...the kids in the crowd went nuts



Dominque added so much fun to the show. He got all serious like he was going to propose to Lauren and then asked her if he could have half of her winnings.

She told him no and then he went to Russell and asked the same thing, it was funny


It was a great show!!


1 comment:

Em said...

Thanks for taking lots of pics! I'll have to go the next time around! I love, love, love, that "Fix You" dance!