Wednesday, December 15, 2010

life lessons

When I was a 21 year old student going to UVSC and causing some serious trouble in Provo (ha! ha! You don't move to Provo if you're looking for trouble), I did my fair share of just stupid things. I over slept and missed classes one too many times, dated my fair share of psychotic boys and was ranked 13th out of 13 employees in sales at Footlocker in the University Mall where I worked.
Cindy, my wise roommate and friend, reminded me everytime I screwed up, "Kris, you're still a good person." We would laugh about it but to this day, that has really stuck with me. We need to remind each other (and ourselves especially!) that even though we can act like idiots sometimes and we don't live up to the expectations we place on ourselves that we can say,

"You're still a good person!"
and just get on with life.







1 comment:

Em said...

I remember your footlocker uniform well, and sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read that you were ranked last! Cindy is awesome, and I'm glad we had eachother so we could remember not to stress too much! I remember her saying that about being a good person. You were and are an amazing person!