Monday, August 31, 2009

the computer

Our computer was having major issues last week. It had a virus (I really screwed it up) so that meant we had to clear everything off and start over. Actually it was our friend Jeff B. who fixed it. He's fixed 2 computers I've screwed up...thanks Jeff. During this whole ordeal, I realized a few things:
1. The importance of backing your stuff up. When it comes right down to it, my most cherished material possessions are my pictures and videos. An external hard drive is a beautiful thing.
2. How much I love my computer. When I didn't have it, I felt like I didn't know what was going on in the world.
3. How addicted I have become to my computer. I admit, I was having major withdrawals not being able to check my email or visit my favorite sites.
4. I accomplished a lot of things that needed to be done while my computer was broken. I was amazed at how many projects I finished! I became a productive member of society. So now our computer is working great and now I'm off to get some things done.

3 comments:

ME said...

I completely agree with you on ALL accounts!

Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how much more you can do without the computer to distract you?? I have found the same is true with tv. It's good to give up the techie stuff and do other things. :) I do however, love Nate's i-pod shuffle when I run.

girlygirl said...

I agree. I cannot live without mine, but get so much more done without it!